Think of me as a web crawler with taste.
9 Aug, 2017
8 Aug, 2017
- What We Actually Know About Software Development and Why We Believe It's True with Greg Wilson and Andreas Stefik — Putting the science into computer science.
29 Jul, 2017
- Passwords Evolved: Authentication Guidance for the Modern Era — Cogent and clear advice.
28 Jul, 2017
- Done in the Dark — Lamar Odom's story.
13 Jul, 2017
12 Jul, 2017
- Phoenix in Production with systemd – Martin Feckie
- Elixir deployments with Distillery: Running ecto migrations — I used this to get edeliver to apply migrations in an Elixir umbrella app.
28 Jun, 2017
27 Jun, 2017
- Idempotency Key - Patterns of Service-oriented Architecture — When a dangerous or difficult-to-undo operation must be performed, but it cannot be made idempotent without more context, use an Idempotency Key.
24 Jun, 2017
- Who Americans spend their time with — In graphs
20 Jun, 2017
- The RNC Files: Inside the Largest US Voter Data Leak — UpGuard has discovered an open database containing information on what appear to be approximately 198 million American voters left misconfigured by a GOP analytics firm.
15 Jun, 2017
- Monodraw — ASCII art editor for macOS
10 Jun, 2017
- Ant design — A slick set of React UI components.
9 Jun, 2017
- Real Talk on Reality by the grugq — Lessons for leakers and journalists.
8 Jun, 2017
- How The Intercept Outed Reality Winner — Printers drawing secret fingerprints.
6 Jun, 2017
5 Jun, 2017
2 Jun, 2017
- Pingdom - Live Map of Internet Downtime and Incidents — A map of pain.
1 Jun, 2017
- 1890’s New York apartment Rennovation — Off the hook.
24 May, 2017
- The Trump Documents - The Onion — The Onion has obtained hundreds of documents from an anonymous source within the White House.
23 May, 2017
- cellF — CellF is a neural synthesiser. Its “brain” is made of biological neural networks that grow in a Petri dish and controls in real time it’s “body” that is made of an array of analogue modular synthesizers that work in synergy with it and play with human musicians.
- A Continuous Shape — Watch stone carver Anna Rubincam as she goes from measuring a live person to a clay model to a finished stone portrait in three weeks.
18 May, 2017
- Seasons (Studio/Jam) by Chris Cornell — Seeya Chris 😢
17 May, 2017
- The Effective Remote Developer by Dave Copeland — Some nuggets of gold in this.
16 May, 2017
- Rearchitecting Airbnb’s Frontend
- In Pursuit of Production Minimalism
- Your calendrical fallacy is thinking... — Programming calendar time is hard.
- Aziz Ansari on The Bill Simmons Podcast — I always enjoy the behind the scenes stories of comedians.
- José Valim - Cognicast Episode 120 — A look into some of the inspiration and decisions in the design of Elixir.
- The Joe Rogan Experience #956 - Guy Ritchie — Jujitsu and meditations on narrative and consciousness.
15 May, 2017
6 May, 2017
- SIGGRAPH 2017 Technical Papers Preview Trailer — Some amazing work.
5 May, 2017
- Black Sabbath playing War Pigs Live in Paris 1970
- Good Design is Imperfect Design — Eric Evans on avoiding the pursuit of perfection when using DDD.
- Greg Dulli and the Afghan Whigs Are Back - Episode 147 of The Watch — Chris, Andy, and Greg 🎉
4 May, 2017
3 May, 2017
27 Apr, 2017
- Responding in a Timely Manner by Martin Thompson — Get your feet wet with some high performance computing.
8 Apr, 2017
- Taxonomy of Common Beer Types — Tasty.
7 Apr, 2017
- Reply All: #91 The Russian Passenger — Love this story. Be sure to check out part 2 for the conclusion too. Don't reuse passwords kids.
6 Apr, 2017
- S-Town Podcast — Heads in unexpected directions.
3 Apr, 2017
- Redux without Profanity — Hard and fast rules for building Redux applications.
31 Mar, 2017
28 Mar, 2017
25 Mar, 2017
22 Mar, 2017
21 Mar, 2017
17 Mar, 2017
14 Mar, 2017
- Shell Scripts Matter — How to follow good practices with Bash.
- The Reverse Sear Is the Best Way to Cook a Steak, Period — With typical beauty from The Food Lab.
13 Mar, 2017
11 Mar, 2017
- Ahm House Harpenden, Hertfordshire — Designed by Jørn Utzon
10 Mar, 2017
- Introduction to Poker Theory — From MIT 15.S50 Poker Theory and Analysis.
6 Mar, 2017
- Phoenix 1.3 by Chris McCord — Interesting to see bounded contexts used to organise code.
2 Mar, 2017
1 Mar, 2017
28 Feb, 2017
- What is the Mikado Method? — The Mikado Method is a structured way to make major changes to complex code. It helps you visualize, plan, and perform business value-focused improvements over several iterations and increments of work, without ever having a broken codebase during the process.
22 Feb, 2017
20 Feb, 2017
16 Feb, 2017
14 Feb, 2017
12 Feb, 2017
- Pavel Tsatsouline on the Science of Strength — Simplicity of programme, Kettlebell, and not training till failure.
11 Feb, 2017
- Kevin Durant on The Bill Simmons Podcast — KD plus f-bombs.
9 Feb, 2017
7 Feb, 2017
- White Noise Sounds of Frozen Arctic Ocean with Polar Icebreaker Idling — Plug in and get some work done.
- I Work from Home — Bang on.
- NASA Electric VTOL Concept — Flying car concept.
- MoMA quickly hangs art from Trump travel ban countries — Protecting artists from the banned countries.
5 Feb, 2017
1 Feb, 2017
- GitHub - gothinkster/react-redux-realworld-example-app — An example application built with React + Redux that includes auth and remote data fetching.
- Dissecting an SSL certificate - Julia Evans